National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in pursuance of its action plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation proposed that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. NAAC in its guideline has following vision and objective for all educational institution/colleges.
IQAC – Vision
To ensure quality culture as the prime concern for the Higher Education Institutions through institutionalizing and internalizing all the initiatives taken with internal and external support.
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Kishinchand Chellaram College was accredited by NAAC in 2003 with ‘A’ grade in its first cycle and thereafter in 2009, 2014 consecutively with ‘A’ grade.
KC-IQAC was established in the year 2003. The KC-IQAC, since its inceptions, continuously worked towards quality improvement and sustenance by organizing workshops, seminars and training programs for all the stakeholders of the college.
Functions of IQAC
IQAC of the college contribute towards:
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, Seminars, Webinar and quality related training programmes.
- Collection, Classification and Analysis of feedback from students, parents and other stakeholders on different quality aspects and then suggestions on its Implementation at different level.
- Development of quality benchmarks for the various academic and administrative activities of the college.
- Documentation of the various programmes and activities of the college, leading to quality enhancement.