Kishinchand Chellaram College, caters to all basic educational branches, with possibly all subjects in each branch. The span of education is from undergraduate to doctoral courses. Hence the placement cell of K C College deals with a variety of job profiles demanded by employers.
We at the placement cell of K C College offer internship (limited time/vacation period) to permanent placement on a small scale to MNC. The process is through the tie-ups with several companies which regularly (yearly) conduct the campus placement drive or a pool selection process.
Placement Cell registration and Operation methodology
- The registration for students is opened in the month of June every year.
- The students are supposed to fill in the simple excel form or register on line
- The student will be issued a permanent placement registration number
- The student submits the CV to placement cell and can update it number of times and the placement cell will record it on regular basis in the data bank.
- Through the correspondence or enquiry the employers are contacted to know the available vacancies with them.
- Once the employer informs the requirements of a particular position with desired qualification and skills, all suitable candidates from the registered students data bank are forwarded the information
- The students are given the choice whether to apply for that position or not.
- Unless the student gives confirmation no information of the student is forwarded to the employers. This is done only and only to avoid misuse of the data (mobile number / emails etc).
Selection / screening process
- The employer once get the list of interested candidates for the position are offered the infrastructural facilities like class room for written test, computer lab for online test, seminar room for pre placement talk and cabin for interview.
- After the selection drive the employer informs the candidates as well as the placement cell regarding the selection.
- The placement cell follows –up with both students and employers for the actual appointment of the candidates.
Opportunities of improvement
The students can appear for as many selection processes as they want till they get into agreement and accept the appointment from a particular employer. Once they accept one position they can appear for next company with prior intimation to the already accepted employer.
Assistance to Students
- Placement orientation session for final year students.
- Placement preparation session on aptitude, verbal and analytical skills
- Soft Skill courses
- Guest lectures on career guidance and technical skills