Examination Rules of Attendance and Promotion
- The minimum Attendance necessary for keeping Terms for the Students, attending regular classes in the faculties of Arts, Science and Commerce is Three-Fourths of the days on which lectures are delivered in each term. The student may not be sent for the University Examination if he/she has failed to keep 75% attendance in each semester of the academic year.
- Principals of Colleges are empowered to excuse absence of students who are required to leave the town where the college is situated for the purpose of taking part in sports held under the auspices of the University for the period during which they are unavoidably absent from the college.
- Besides attendance, to keep a term at a College or recognized institution an under graduate must complete to the satisfaction of the Principal or the Head of the Institution the course of study at the College or Institution prescribed for such term for the class to which such graduate then belongs i.e. satisfactory performance at the various examinations conducted during the year.
Note: There is no Provision for Additional Examination in any Semester.
Credit Grading System
A student after satisfying the conditions of attendance and term work becomes eligible for the term-end/semester-end examinations.
The examinations for First year and Second year in all three streams will be Semester End examinations carrying 100 marks at the end of every semester. The internal assessment will be only in the subject of Foundation course.
Standard Of Passing
The Learners In First Year And Second Year In All Three Streams Appearing For Semester End Examination Of 100 Marks Have To Obtain A Minimum Score Of 40 Out Of 100 And A Minimum Grade Of ‘D’ In Each Course To Be Declared As Pass in A Particular semester.
The performance grading of the learners shall Be On the ten point ranking system as under:
|O||80 and Above||10|
|A+||70 To 79.99||9|
|A||60 To 69.99||8|
|B+||55 To 59.99||7|
|B||50 To 54.99||6|
|C||45 To 49.99||5|
|D||40 To 44.99||4|
|F||Less Than 40||0|
A student after satisfying the conditions of attendance and term work becomes eligible for the term-end / semester-end examinations. As per university circular UG/ 69 of 2011, 18/04/2011, Semester based Credit and Grading Systems has been introduced from the A.Y.2011- 12.
Semester-End Examinations-(For TY– 100 Marks)
The semester-end examination will be of three hours duration and based on the syllabus prescribed by the respective Board of Studies.
The Semester-End Examinations for Semesters V and VI (2021 – 22) shall be conducted by the University of Mumbai and the results shall be declared after processing the marks awarded to the learners. The grade card shall be issued by the University of Mumbai after converting the marks into grades.
SEMESTER-END EXAMINATIONS – For FY & SY, 60 marks theory paper
INTERNAL ASSESSMENT – For FY & SY, 40 marks
Standard of passing:
The learners shall have to obtain a minimum of 40% marks in aggregate for each course.
CARRY FORWARD OF MARKS INCASE THE LEARNER GETS ‘F’ GRADE IN ONE OR MORE SUBJECTS:
A learner who FAILS in the Semester-End Examination of the course shall reappear for the Semester-End Examination of that course.
Investigation Of Malpractices – (Ordinance 5050)
- On receipt of a report regarding use of unfair means by any student at any University examination, including breach of any of the rules laid down by the University Authorities, for proper conduct of examination, the Board of Examinations shall have power at any time to institute inquiry and to punish such unfair means or breach of the rules by exclusion of such student from any University examination or from any University course in a College or Recognized Institution or in the University Department or from any Convocation for the purpose of conferring degree either permanently or for a specified period, or by cancellation of the result of the student in the University examination for which the student appeared or by deprivation of any University Scholarship held by him/her or by cancellation of the award of any University prize or medal to him/her or by imposition of fine or in any two or more of the a foresaid ways within a period of one year.
- Where the examinations of the University courses are conducted by the constituent Colleges /Recognized Institutions on behalf of the University, the Principal/Head of the concerned constituent College/Institution, on receipt of a report regarding use of unfair means by any student at any such examination, including breach of any of the rules laid down by the University Authorities or by the College/Institution for proper conduct of examination, shall have power at any time to institute inquiry and to punish such unfair means or breach of any of the rules by exclusion of such a student from any such examination or any University course in any College/Institution either permanently or for a specified period or by cancellation of the result of the student in the College/Institution examination for which he/she appeared or by deprivation of any College/Institution Scholarship or by cancellation of the award of any College/Institution prize or medal to him/her or by imposition of fine or in any two or more of the a foresaid ways
Investigation Of Malpractices – (Competent Authority)
- The Board of Examinations of the University constituted under the provisions of Section 31(3) shall be the competent authority to take appropriate disciplinary action against the students using, attempting to use, aiding, abetting, instigating unfair means at the examination conducted by the University.
- The Principal of the constituent College or Head of the Recognized institution shall be the competent authority to take appropriate disciplinary action against the student/s using, attempting to use, aiding, abetting, instigating or allowing to use unfair means at the examination conducted by the College or Institution on behalf of the University
The Competent Authority concerned i.e. the Board of Examinations in the cases of University examination, the concerned Principal in the cases of College examination, and the Head in the cases of examination held by the Recognized Institution, after taking into consideration the report of the Committee shall pass such orders as it deems fit including granting the student benefit of doubt, issuing warning or exonerating him/her from the charges and shall impose any one or more of the following punishments on the student/s found guilty of using unfair means:
- Annulment of performance of the student in full or in part in the examination he/she has appeared for.
- Debarring student from appearing for any examination of the University or College or Institution for a stipulated period not exceeding five years.
- Debarring the student from taking admission for any course in the University or College or Institution for a stipulated period not exceeding five years.
- Cancellation of the University or College or Institution Scholarship/s or award/s or prize or medal etc. awarded to him/her in that examination.
- In addition to the above-mentioned punishment, the competent authority may impose a fine on the student declared guilty. If the student concerned fails to pay the fine within a stipulated period, the competent authority may impose on such a student additional punishment/penalty as it may deem fit.
- As far as possible the quantum of punishment should be as prescribed(category wise) in Appendix-A.
- The student concerned will be informed of the punishment finally imposed on him/her in writing by the competent authority or by the Officer authorized by it in this behalf, under intimation to the College/Institution he/she belongs to.