Measures for Prohibition of Ragging
The institutions shall take action in accordance with these Regulations against those found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging, actively or passively, or being part of a conspiracy to promote ragging.
The application for admission, enrolment or registration must be accompanied by an Anti Ragging affidavit signed by a student in a prescribed format and another Anti Ragging Affidavit signed by a Parent/Guardian. (Both these Affidavits can be downloaded from www.antiragging.in or www.amanmovement.org)
The anti-ragging squad holds an anti-ragging drive at the beginning of each academic year to ensure zero ragging. The squad patrols area around the college and also checks the identity cards of each and every person entering the college.
ADIMINISTRATIVE ACTION IN THE EVENT OF RAGGING: The institution shall punish a student found guilty of ragging after following the procedure and in the manner prescribed here in under:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.